Thursday 13 November 2014

Nick Chaffe 'Combining photographs with design'

Nick Chaffe 'Combining photographs with design'

Nick is half English half Swedish and currently lives in Manchester. Trained in graphic design, Nick went on to work full-time  for many different companies. Since 2008 he has operated independently from his own small studio in the UK. The image below expresses thoughts and feelings in the background patterns and shapes. This picture helps me to understand more about the subjects personality also the black and white effect makes the picture seem more significant and emotive.
 
 
My image has the same effect but with words and pictures to summaries the meaning of 'life' expressing my interpretations which include both good and bad aspects. I achieved this picture by using grey scale and removing the background of the images of people. l chose not to do the lines on my piece because I interpreted it in a slightly different way, however I still learned the same skills as everybody else but produced an alternative picture.
During the Chaffe project I have learnt new skills such as drawing and editing lines on a picture, below is a step by step on how to achieve a Chaffe style photograph.
 








No comments:

Post a Comment